Classes Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are the standard terms for the provision of Group Classes and Private Tuition to customers of Mama Cake, Whitehill Farm, Walton, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 2AZ
These Terms and Conditions govern the sale and provision of tuition and training by us and will form the basis of the Contract between us and you. Before submitting an Order, please ensure that you have read these Terms and Conditions carefully. If you are unsure about any part of these Terms and Conditions, please ask us for clarification.
We shall ensure that the following information is given or made available to you prior to the formation of the Contract between us and you
- Our identity and contact details;
- The total Price for the tuition including taxes;
- The location of any tuition;
- The arrangements for payment, performance and the time by which (or within which) we undertake the tuition;
- Our complaints handling policy;
Where is the venue?
Most of our classes are held at our purpose-built cake studio located in the beautiful countryside, a short 10-minute drive from Brampton Roundabout, off the A69 and a 25-minute drive from junction 43 of the M6 motorway. Our address is Whitehill Farm, Walton, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 2AZ. Directions will be given upon booking a class. Sometimes classes will take place at another central location. Details will be in the class listing.
How do I book?
- All payments are required at the time of booking.
- Payment can be made via cash, credit and debit card or we can make arrangements for payment via Gift Card.
- Please complete the booking form selecting the class of your choice; you’ll then receive a confirmation email and a link to the secure payment. We can arrange for you to pay in person if you prefer, but all payments will be required at the time of booking.
- We also accept bank transfers; please get in touch for details. Please do NOT email us your card details, we will never ask you for this information. You should carefully check the transaction amount as we will not be held responsible for any bank charges you may incur as a result of the payment.
- You are advised to wait for a written confirmation email from Mama Cakes Cumbria to state that you have been successfully booked onto the class prior to making any travel arrangements; this will be sent to you within 48 hours of receiving your payment.
- Your place on the class will not be confirmed without this email. If the class is sold out by the time we receive your payment, we will endeavour to offer you an alternative date; if this new date is not convenient then a refund will be offered.
- From time to time it may be necessary to amend these terms and conditions without prior notice and will be at our sole discretion.
Can I cancel my booking?
- Unfortunately, no refunds will be given for cancellations once your payment has been made, even if the confirmation email has not yet been sent out.
- Please be sure of your purchase before buying and, if unsure, then contact us in the first instance by email or phone prior to booking.
- We take class bookings months in advance and any late cancellations mean that a place may have been denied to another student.
- As we are unable to offer refunds, it is advisable to take out insurance to cover any unforeseen events that may prevent you from attending your class at Mama Cakes Cumbria.
What if Mama Cakes cancels a class?
- If you have paid for a class and in the unlikely event we need to cancel (weather, sickness, unforeseen events) then Mama Cakes Cumbria will offer an alternative date for the cancelled class.
- If this is not suitable then a full refund will be given. We strongly recommend taking out appropriate insurance to cover any losses such as the cost of accommodation and travel.
- Mama Cakes Cumbria takes no responsibility for losses incurred by clients should a class be cancelled for any reason; only the cost of the class will be refunded. This is especially important in the winter months when road conditions are at their worst.
- By making your payment, you are accepting our terms and conditions and understand that you cannot claim for any other losses incurred, other than the cost of the class.
Can I book a class for someone else?
- Yes, we accept bookings on behalf of someone else.
- Please advise us that this is a gift purchase at the time of booking.
- Also, please let us know the full name of the attendee otherwise entry to the class may be denied if we don’t recognise their name from the attendee list.
What is the minimum age of an attendee?
For health and safety reasons we do not allow children under 16 to attend a class without an accompanying adult who must also purchase a place in the class.
What is included?
- All ingredients, equipment and a light lunch for the day are provided for all classes.
- Please make us aware of any dietary requirements or allergies when booking.
What do I need to bring?
We recommend that our students bring their own notepad and pen.
- Please plan your journey in advance to allow for traffic conditions. We have arranged class start times to try and avoid travel congestion. However, we do understand that delays do happen sometimes.
- Unfortunately, we will not admit anyone to a class who is more than one hour late, as it is unlikely that you will catch up in time and will potentially disadvantage the other students.
- In such circumstances, we will not offer an alternative date and your booking will be lost and no money will be refunded.
- Please let us know if you are running late and are able to do so (safely) by calling us on 078502 87186.
Mama Cakes’ designs
- You are free to replicate any design you learn in any of our classes for your own cake making purposes.
- However, you are prohibited from using our designs and content in any subsequent class that you may run or wish to teach in the future.
Transportation of cakes
- It is your responsibility to transport your finished cakes safely.
- We advise that cakes should be transported flat in the boot of your car or foot-well with some non-slip matting underneath your cake box.
- Mama Cakes Cumbria will supply you with a cake box for transportation.
- For large cakes, we will provide cellophane to cover your cakes.
Is there accommodation close by?
- There are several Bed & Breakfasts in the area.
- Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- All personal property brought into our classroom is done so at your own risk.
- Mama Cakes takes no responsibility for lost or stolen property while you are on our premises or after you have left our premises.
- This extends to your car while parked outside our studio. Please do not bring valuables with you.
Video and photography at our classes
- We do not allow recordings of our classes to be made. You are more than welcome to photograph your own work. We may wish to take a class photograph during, and at the end, of the session. If you do not wish your work to be photographed please inform us at the time. We may use these photographs for marketing purposes and share on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, but not limited to these.
- We will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of the Contract or as a result of our negligence (including that of Our employees, agents or sub-contractors).
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit Our liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence (including that of Our employees, agents or sub-contractors); or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit Our liability for failing to produce the tuition with reasonable care and skill or in accordance with information provided by us about the tuition or about us.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit your legal rights as a consumer. For more details of your legal rights, please refer to your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing Our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond Our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism (threatened or actual), acts of war (declared, undeclared, threatened, actual or preparations for war), epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond Our reasonable control.
Complaints and Feedback
- We always welcome feedback from Our customers and, while we always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer of Ours is a positive one, we nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint.
- If you wish to complain about any aspect of your dealings with us, including, but not limited to, these Terms and Conditions, the Contract, or the tuition, please contact us.
How we use your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- All personal information that we may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights under the GDPR.
- For complete details of Our collection, processing, storage, and retention of personal data including, but not limited to, the purpose(s) for which personal data is used, the legal basis or bases for using it, details of your rights and how to exercise them, and personal data sharing (where applicable), please refer to Our Privacy Notice available from firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Important Terms
We may transfer (assign) Our obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the Contract, as applicable) to a third party (this may happen, for example, if we sell Our business). If this occurs, you will be informed by us in writing. your rights under these Terms and Conditions will not be affected and Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions, the Contract, and the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England & Wales.
- As a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in your country of residence. Nothing in the above takes away or reduces your rights as a consumer to rely on those provisions.
- Any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and us relating to these Terms and Conditions, the Contract, or the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency
Contact Mama Cakes
If you have any questions about Mama Cakes Classes terms and conditions, please email us at email@example.com.