Gift Certificates Terms & Conditions
Mama Cakes Cumbria (“Mama Cakes”, “Our”, “We” or “Us”)
These Terms and Conditions are the standard terms for the provision of Gift Certificates (also referred to as Gift Vouchers) and their use to customers of Mama Cake, Whitehill Farm, Walton, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 2AZ
- These Terms and Conditions govern the sale and provision of Gift Certificates by us and will form the basis of the Contract between us and you. Before submitting an Order, please ensure that you have read these Terms and Conditions carefully. If you are unsure about any part of these Terms and Conditions, please ask us for clarification.
- A legally binding contract between us and you will be created upon our acceptance of your Order, indicated by Our Order Confirmation.
- We shall ensure that the following information is given or made available to you prior to the formation of the Contract between us and you, save for where such information is already apparent from the context of the transaction:
- Our identity (set out above in Clause 2) and contact details;
- The total Price for the Gift Certificate including taxes;
- The arrangements for payment, performance and the time by which (or within which) the Gift Certificate must be used;
- Our complaints handling policy;
- We shall ensure that you are aware of Our legal duty to supply Gift Certificate that are in conformity with the Contract;
- Where applicable, details of after-sales services and commercial guarantees;
- In order to redeem a Gift Certificate, we will register an account for the gift recipient with us through our Website.
- Gift Certificates ordered through our Website will be delivered automatically by electronic means to the gift recipient email address and time you specify at the time of order.
- Our Gift Certificates include unique numbers and your client portal login details.
- Our Gift Certificates must be redeemed by contacting us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as full or part payment of a purchase of a wedding cake, cake class or private tuition.
- A Gift Certificate cannot be used to purchase a further Gift Certificate.
- When ordering a Gift Certificate, you should ensure to enter the recipient’s email address correctly. We cannot be held responsible if the address is entered incorrectly and someone other than the intended recipient uses the Gift Certificate.
- Site offers and promotions (including gifts with purchase and discounts) do not apply when purchasing Gift Certificate.
- You can check the balance of the Gift Certificate by logging into your account in our client portal.
- Gift Certificate are valid for 12 months from the date of issue;
- Minimum Gift Voucher value is £20.
- Gift Certificate cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Gift Certificate may be exchanged for goods or services of a higher value.
- Gift Certificate will be subject to verification at the time of presentation.
- Where Products purchased online with a Gift Certificate are returned, monies owing will be refunded by a Gift Certificate.
- This experience is available on selected dates throughout the year, please enquire at point of booking.
- Please ensure you inform the Mama Cakes of any dietary requirements at point of booking.
- All classes dates are subject to availability.
- It is not needed to use Gift Certificate all at once.
- We are not responsible if a Gift Certificate is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission and no replacement will be provided in these circumstances.
Price and Payment
- All Gift Certificate will be paid for on booking.
- Gift certificates can be purchased via our website.
- Payment can also be paid to Claire Houghton-Byers. Please call 07850287186 or email email@example.com for more information.
- We accept the following methods of payment: BACS, Cash, Debit/Credit card.
- Gift Certificate will be cancelled, and not valid once expiry date is reached;
- If any of the following occur, we may cancel the Gift Certificate and the Contract immediately by giving you written notice.
- You fail to make a payment on time as required (this does not affect Our right to charge interest on overdue sums); or
- We are unable to provide the services due to an event outside of Our control.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit Our liability for failing to produce the Gift Certificate with reasonable care and skill or in accordance with information provided by us about the Gift Certificate or about us.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit your legal rights as a consumer. For more details of your legal rights, please refer to your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing Our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond Our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism (threatened or actual), acts of war (declared, undeclared, threatened, actual or preparations for war), epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond Our reasonable control.
Complaints and Feedback
- We always welcome feedback from Our customers and, while we always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer of Ours is a positive one, we nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint.
- If you wish to complain about any aspect of your dealings with us, including, but not limited to, these Terms and Conditions, the Contract, or the Gift Certificate, please contact us.
How we use your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- All personal information that we may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights under the GDPR.
- For complete details of Our collection, processing, storage, and retention of personal data including, but not limited to, the purpose(s) for which personal data is used, the legal basis or bases for using it, details of your rights and how to exercise them, and personal data sharing (where applicable), please refer to Our Privacy Notice available from firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Important Terms
- We may transfer (assign) Our obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the Contract, as applicable) to a third party (this may happen, for example, if we sell Our business). If this occurs, you will be informed by us in writing. your rights under these Terms and Conditions will not be affected and Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
- You may not transfer (assign) your obligations and rights under these Terms and Conditions (and under the Contract, as applicable) without Our express written permission.
- The Contract is between you and us. It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- No failure or delay by us or you in exercising any of Our rights under these Terms and Conditions means that we have waived such right, and no waiver by us of a breach of any provision of these Terms and Conditions means that we will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions, the Contract, and the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England & Wales.
As a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in your country of residence. Nothing in the above takes away or reduces your rights as a consumer to rely on those provisions.
Any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and us relating to these Terms and Conditions, the Contract, or the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
Contact Mama Cakes
Questions, comments and requests regarding Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions are welcomed, please contact us at email@example.com.